Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Word Count Wednesday

What I have been working on: I have a few ideas and stories in the works. My main focus is the short story narrative called From Another World (not entirely sure of this title yet). It takes place during the dawn of mankind, circa 15,000 B.C. In this world, we are following a man named Stak, who is a village/clan leader of a 'tribe'. The world around this congregation is dense forest, scenic plains, and in the distance the treacherous snow covered mountain ranges. Stak has legendary tales of past adventures, wars and even visions, but none of this plays a part in the beginning of the story.

How does this process make me feel: I feel very enveloped in creating the story for this character along with his family. At the beginning of the day I felt stuck at a moment in the Story where Stak asks his Villagers if they have had any visions they would like to share. My group, Anglebent, gave me some excellent ideas to work off of and I feel like it put me right back into the rhythm of writing again.

What I have been reading: I have been reading more of Steven King's novel On Writing. I have also started a book by the Author Neil Gaiman called The Ocean at The End of The Lane.




1 comment:

  1. I think a story that takes place over 15000 years ago is instantly intriguing. Are you writing this in 3rd person? 1st? I'm interested to see what choices you make regarding style/voice.

    How is the Gaiman novel so far?

    ReplyDelete