Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Word Count Wednesday Feb 15th

Word Count Wednesday.

What I have been working on: I am still working on my Short story/ Narrative 'From Another World' as well as writing song lyrics when inspired to do so. I like to listen to melodies and write lyrics for them. Most of the time it ends up being Hip Hop or Rap, but I'm sure they could be sung in a different tone to make them seem like acoustic songs or what have you.

I am dealing with a little bit of writer's block when it comes to further developing my story 'From Another World'. I have come to a place where my character's next decision will completely form the future of his endeavors. My House, Anglebent, has given me some brainstorming ideas to work with, and for that I am grateful. Unfortunately, I am still looking at the page and coming up with nothing. I have world built enough to where I don't need to continue, yet I still feel obsessed with doing so.

What I have been reading: Steven King's On Writing; Neil Gaiman's The Ocean At The End Of The Lane.

How does these pieces of work make me feel?: I have only dove into The Ocean at the end of The Lane a few pages, but so far it is a very peculiar read. It is about a man going back to his first childhood home and reminiscing about this little pond behind his neighbor's home. He was friends with a girl who was older than him. I believe the book is going to be about the imagination of these two when they were children. I feel like there may be a huge twist within the development of their lives as they grow older, but it is too soon to tell.

1 comment:

  1. That point in one's writing where the character is making a crucial decision... that a fun/scary place to be. Don't overthink it too much, you don't want to be stuck at this junction for long. Give the character some freedom to choose and then show us what happens.

    ReplyDelete